Friday, August 8, 2008

summertime is for lovers

paleta man


So, I don't know about you, but I am a fan of summertime. It doesn't stretch out for seemingly endless days anymore, but nevertheless, I am still enraptured. Those days were filled with kickball games, swimming pools, front porch dance parties, and the arrival of the paleta man signaled by the eagerly anticipated bell chimes. Love the paleta man. Oh, yes I do. 

I absolutely love seasons, and (contrary to a certain dear los angeleno friend's belief) I think the imminent end of warm weather makes it that much sweeter. 

My present-day summertime has evolved into something kind of different, but then again, not really. 

Flea markets, stoop sales, lemonade, corn on the cob, bbq's, fireworks, and music... lots of music. All day, all night. 
Dancing outside? Yes, oh yes! On a stoop, in the park, in a backyard, just do it!

And it has been a delicious strawberry lemonade and coconut paleta of a summer so far...
Now, where do I begin?



No comments: